Home :: Bodybuilding Exercise :: Arms :: Dumbbell Curl
Biceps brachii, Brachialis.
Also used Brachioradialis.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart or sit on the end of a bench.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells, palms facing in towards your body.
- Your arms should be fully extended.
- Curl one dumbbell up at a time in a smooth arc towards your shoulders, rotating your forearm so that your palm faces your shoulder at the top of the movement.
- Hold for a count of two; then slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat with the other arm and continue alternating arms.
- Curl the dumbbells up slowly - do not swing them up.
- Keep your upper arms fixed by the sides of your body.
- Keep your body absolutely still- make sure you do not sway backwards.
- Make sure you fully straighten your arms when you lower the dumbbells; do not shorten the downwards phase.
Other exercises for your arm Workouts.
Incline Dumbbell Curl.
Lying Triceps Extention.
Copyright © 2004 by Bodybuilding4u.com. All Rights Reserved.
Tips on How to do Dumbbell Curl.