Home :: Bodybuilding Exercise :: Arms :: Lying Triceps Extention
Lying Triceps Extention
Triceps (Especially the outer and medial heads).
Also used Brachioradialis.
- Lie on your back on a fIat bench. If you have an excessive arch in your back, place your feet on the end of the bench or on a low step.
- Hold the bar with your hands slightly less than shoulder-width apart, palms facing forwards.
- The bar should be positioned directly over your head with your arms fully extended.
- Keeping your upper arms absolutely stationary, bend your elbows as you lower the bar until it just touches your forehead.
- Hold for a count of two; then straighten your arms back to the starting position.
- For maximum muscle development, straighten your arms fully at the end of the movement.
- Keep your elbows perfectly still - do not allow them to move out to the sides, or backwards with the bar.
- Keep your lower back firmly down on the bench.
- Lower the bar as far back as you safely can
to achieve the greatest ROM.
The movement may be performed with either a straight bar or an EZ-bar. The EZ-bar places your forearms midway between supination and neutral, which you may find more comfortable.
Lying dumbbell triceps extension
Use a dumbbell instead of a barbell, placing your hands against the inner side of one of the end plates. You may also perform this exercise holding a pair of dumbbells, palms facing each other.
Lying single-arm triceps extension
Perform the movement using a dumbbell (as above), one arm at a time, palms facing inwards. You may use your free hand to steady your working elbow.
Other exercises for your arm Workouts.
Incline Dumbbell Curl.