One-leg Dumbell Calf Raise
Home :: Bodybuilding Exercise :: Legs, Hips and glutes : One-leg Dumbbell Calf Raise
One Leg Dumbbell Calf Raise
One Leg Dumbbell Calf Raise Targets Following Muscles:
This exercise is a good alternative to the calf raise if you do not have a calf raise machine.
Starting Position of One Leg Dumbbell Calf Raise
- Hold a dumbbell in your right hand with your arm hanging down by your side, palm facing your body.
- Place the ball of the right foot on the edge of a block or platform, allowing your heel to hang off the edge.
- Hold on to a suitable support with the other hand to steady yourself.
The Movements of One Leg Dumbbell Calf Raise
- Rise up as high as possible on the ball of
- Hold the fully contracted position for a count of two; then slowly lower your heel down as far as it will go.
- Complete the desired number of repetitions; then repeat on the left leg.
Tips and Tricks for Performing One Leg Dumbbell Calf Raise
- Keep your exercising leg straight throughout the movement.
- Keep your body upright.
- Stretch your calf fully at the bottom of the movement - your heel should be lower than your toes.
- Keep the movement smooth and continuous.
Variations of One Leg Dumbbell Calf Raise
Toes pointing out
Angling your feet outwards at 45° places more emphasis on the inner part of the calves.
Toes pointing in
Angling your feet inwards at 45° places more emphasis on the outer part of the calves.
Other Exercises for your Legs, hips and glutes Workouts.
Front Lunge (dumbbell or barbell).
Lying Leg Curl.
Straight-leg Dead Lift.
Standing Calf Raise.
Leg Press Machine Calf Press.
Copyright © 2004 by Bodybuilding4u.com. All Rights Reserved.
Tips on How to do One-leg Dumbbell Calf Raise.