Home :: Bodybuilding Exercise :: Shoulders :: Dumbbell Press
Anterior and medial deltoids, upper pectomlis major.
Also used Triceps, Shoulder girdle muscles (trapezius, supraspinatus).
- Sit on an upright bench, angled at 75-90° so that your lower back is firmly in contact with the bench.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells, hands facing forwards, level with your shoulders.
- Press the dumbbells upwards and inwards until they almost touch over your head.
- Straighten your arms but do not lock out
your elbows. Hold momentarily.
- Lower the dumbbells slowly back to the
- Keep your torso upright - don't lean backwards or arch your spine as you press the bar upwards as this will strain your lower back.
- Hold your abdominal muscles taut to help stabilise your spine or, if you are using a very heavy weight, wear a weightlifting belt.
- Lower the dumbbells until they touch your shoulders - don't shorten the movement.
Other Exercises for your shoulders Workouts.
Bent-over Lateral Raise.
Copyright © 2004 by Bodybuilding4u.com. All Rights Reserved.
Tips on How to do Dumbbell Press