Home :: Bodybuilding Exercise :: Abdominals :: Side Crunch
Internal and external obliques, rectus abdominis.
- Lie on the floor or on an abdominal bench on your side with your knees slightly bent.
- Place your top arm behind your head.
- Slowly exhale as you raise your head and shoulders a short distance off the floor or bench, aiming your ribs towards your top hip.
- Hold for a count of two; then breathe in as you return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the required number of repetitions; then perform the exercise on your other side.
- Aim to reduce the space between your ribs and hips.
- Do not worry if you don't reach up very far - concentrate on feeling the movement.
- Keep your head in line with your body don't jerk it upwards.
Other Exercises for your Ab Workouts
Swiss Ball Crunch.
Hanging Leg Raise
Copyright © 2004 by Bodybuilding4u.com. All Rights Reserved.
Tips on How to do Side Crunch.