Home :: Bodybuilding Exercise :: Arms :: Triceps Push-down
Triceps (Especially the outer and medial heads)
Also used Brachioradialis.
- Attach a short, angled bar to the overhead cable of a lat machine.
- Place your hands on the bar, palms facing downwards.
- Bring the bar down until your elbows are at your sides and bent at about 90°.
- Keeping your upper arms close to your body, press the bar down, moving only your forearms, until your arms are fully extended.
- Hold for a count of two; then slowly return
the bar to the starting position.
- Keep your elbows fixed firmly at your sides throughout the movement.
- Do not lean too far forwards.
- Keep your wrists locked and your palms facing you.
You may use a short straight bar instead of the angled bar, although this places more strain on the wrists and forearms.
Other exercises for your arm Workouts.
Incline Dumbbell Curl.
Lying Triceps Extention.
Copyright © 2004 by Bodybuilding4u.com. All Rights Reserved.
Tips on How to do Triceps Push-down