Home :: Bodybuilding Exercise :: Shoulders :: Upright Row
Anterior and Medial deltoids.
Also used Biceps, Branchioradialis.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the barbell with your hands about 15 cm apart, palms facing towards your body. The bar should rest against the front of your thighs.
- Pull the bar directly upwards towards your chin, bending your elbows out to the sides until the bar is level with your neck.
- Hold for a count of two; then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Keep the bar very close to your bodythroughout the movement.
- Make sure you do not sway backwards as! you lift the bar.
- At the top of the movement your elbows! should be level with, or slightly higher than, your hands.
- Lower the bar slowly, resisting the weight.
Using a shoulder-width grip places morel emphasis on the deltoids and less on the trapezius.
Other Exercises for your shoulders Workouts.
Bent-over Lateral Raise.
Copyright © 2004 by Bodybuilding4u.com. All Rights Reserved.
Tips on How to do Upright Row